As acceptance of likely or unfolding collapse is spreading, we hear of people wanting to gather and discuss what it means for their own lives, communities and work. That hope is not to hear simple answers to our difficult situation, but to share a range of information, emotions, ideas and options.
With a little help from our friends, the Deep Adaptation Forum is able to financially support “Deep Adaptation Dialogues” that bring together people within a community or shared professional interest.
If you would like to organise such a gathering, with some financial support and live video presentation by Professor Jem Bendell or a colleague from the Forum, then please read on…
To enable an emergent and generative dialogue, we want to support gatherings that use the principles of Open Space Technology and are guided by an experienced facilitator. That means participants will gather in a physical location around a collapse-related theme of their choosing, and let a detailed agenda emerge from their group on the day. Prof. Bendell, or another expert from the field of Deep Adaptation, can be invited to open the gathering with a short Q&A video session, before the Open Space conversations begin. At the end of the day, if requested, Prof. Bendell or another expert will reconnect with all participants by video, to listen to summaries of what was discussed and offer some feedback.
To qualify for financial support:
- propose the event to occur between June 1st and December 31st 2019, for a minimum of half a day.
- each event must be facilitated by a host with confirmed experience in Open Space Technology;
- organisers must be members of the Deep Adaptation Forum;
- the conversation should be community- or profession-focused and be either free or with minimal fee (any fee must be specified in the application);
- the event should take place in a cheap or free venue (equipped with a good internet connection, a computer projector and speakers, and a webcam pointing at the group participants);
- event hosts should, when possible, submit to the Deep Adaptation Forum a harvesting of topics at the end of their event. This can take the shape of a video, write-up, or podcast.
To recap, what the Deep Adaptation Forum can offer:
- Video participation in your event by Prof. Bendell or another expert;
- 300 euros per event for expenses, paid after the event;
- Help in spreading the results of your dialogue to the Deep Adaptation Forum and wider network.
Application deadline is April 25th 2019 and applicants will be informed of decisions by May 5th 2019.
Meetings can be organised in English, French, or Chinese. Applications can be submitted in any of those languages.
Please note that currently only 5 events can be funded in 2019. If you are able to make charitable donations of over 2000 euros (or equivalent) and would like to discuss supporting us scaling up these Deep Adaptation Dialogues, please contact the Forum here. We are not in a position to handle smaller donations at this time.
To be kept in touch with online gatherings on this agenda, please join the Forum at www.deepadaptation.info